JENS MALMGREN I create, that is my hobby.

End of August 2011 - Status of this blog

On 10th of June three months ago I turned my pile of paintings upside down and I started blogging. Now three months later I have blogged about my life as an amateur artist from childhood, teenage and grownup. I am almost finished with 2010. I need to blog about my work at de Stoker and de Kunstlinie but that is not much. I think I will finish that in two weeks.

Then I can start blogging about this year’s production. I believe that at the end of September I have been able to blog myself to the present. From then on I can blog about current work. I am actually looking forward to that.

There are other things I wish to blog about. I have ceramic things, youtube stopmotion films, octagonal papercuttings, photography and 3D photography. The rest of my creative being simply. That is for later.

Another thing that happened last week was that I started to move the blog to another platform. I had to do that because I need to be in control of my own art. This was much work and I still have things to do. Tonight I started to figure out that Google was completely confused by my move. That is easy to understand, the pages of the old platform does not exist anymore. Google need long time to figure out a new situation on a site. One way of helping Google is by creating redirects. I started on that work now. I recreate the old structure on the new location by placing dummy pages on the blog website. Then from each dummy page I create a redirect to the correct place. When Google have a search result to for example “Alicia Roanne Witt Nude” (position 8) going to an old page, that dummy page will now redirect to the new location. This is clever but really much work. I hope Google will figure out the rest by themselves because it is tedious to rebuild the old situation with redirects. Oh well, I will keep an eye on Google to see that things are going the right way. When by the way Google discover that the page about Alicia has a permanent redirect they replace their entry with the redirected page. This means that when I created all redirects and Google discovered all of them then I can delete the dummy pages. This takes… three months.

Created a little perl script for making the dummy pages. From webmastertools I extract the list of missing pages. I make a file that contains these pages. Then the little perl script reads this file and creates the dummy pages that I can use for permanent redirects.

Here is the perl:

use strict;

    if ($#ARGV != 0)
    {
        exit;
    }

    my $fname = $ARGV[0];
    open(FILE, "≺", $fname) or die "Could not open file: $fname\n";

    while (≺FILE≻)
    {
        my $file = $_;
        print $file;
        open(FILE2, "≻".$file) or die "Could not open file: $file\n";
        close FILE2;
    }

 

Done talking about technology. I have work to do. There are loads of paintings and drawings of nudes to blog about.

Enter the answer of 5 + 6 here below to unlock the submit button.
Cannot accept feedback with any of these characters
: [ ] { } < > \ / + - * = % @ ; & | $ www .co
If you need to send me a link or something personal you can do that on jens at malmgren dot nl.

I was born 1967 in Stockholm, Sweden. I grew up in the small village Vågdalen in north Sweden. 1989 I moved to Umeå to study Computer Science at University of Umeå. 1995 I moved to the Netherlands where I live in Almere not far from Amsterdam.

Here on this site I let you see my creations.

I create, that is my hobby.